Why have I started this blog?


       Hi, I have been teaching at university level for more than five years now. Teaching different classes and visiting different departments have made me come across diverse talent of youngsters along with the common problems that non-native English speakers and writers face. Every time in my class, I prompt students to read, but reading is not easy particularly when one has consulted guide books (that only misguide!) and notes (the briefs of a brief!) only. 
       I do understand that starting with a book is difficult, and one does need some time in getting used to of reading. However, one can start reading short-pieces, say, essays. Since I teach essay-writing (and I am myself a writer), students often ask me to provide them with a sample essay  or suggest a reading suggestion, I have started this blog to share my ideas with non-native English learners, especially those appearing in any competitive exam. 
    Being a CSS/PMS mentor, I do understand that it is the responsibility of the instructor to guide the students through the quagmire of ideas in a way that one can effectively communicate him/herself. Students need more than a white-board/power-point lecture. They need samples. I am doing what I think best suits the aspirants of CSS/PMS/PCS.  
Your valuable feedback would encourage me in continuing my efforts.

Let us find our voice in words!!!
Your Teacher         
Fatima Batool                                                                                                                    
Assistant Professor
The University of Lahore
(former Lecturer at GC University, Lahore
and Punjab University, Lahore)
Freelance Writer
The News
Pakistan Today

Comments

  1. Keep sharing mam..
    Your altruistic effort is beyond words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great teacher and future legend

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you for your great efforts for us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts